Thursday, April 9, 2009

Peppy

I'm actually in a pretty good mood today. I did twoish workouts this morning... day 10 of 30 day shred and about 1/2 of the power 90 sculpt... though I did omit the stretching due to the fact that I was already warmed up. I did the ab ripper after that and called it good.

I am a little irked though, I decided that every 5 days while doing the 30 day shred thing, I would weigh myself and take my measurements. I am not going to tell you what I weigh, but on day one I weighed in... and despondently jotted the weight down in my log. Day 5... (which was before I started counting calories) I was up 2 fricken pounds but had noticed an incremental loss in the girth of my calves and upper arms.

Day 10 is today... and it's also day 4 of me counting calories. I am down 3 lbs (which puts me actually at a loss of only 1lb) and while I saw more of a loss in the calves and upper arms... NOTHING INBETWEEN THE KNEES AND NECK. arg. I could deal w/ calves the size of tree trunks for now, give me some loss in the caboose or the gut! It would AWESOME if my pants didn't fit like a rubberband trying to cut me in half at the waist.

I know my expectations are unrealistic, I do. I also know that while I might be on day 10 of exercising, I am only on day 4 of changing my eating habits. I am not giving up, I am determined. I think.

My birthday is Saturday, and I will be taking that day off of the diet, though I will still work out, and resume Sunday. (Though Sunday will likely not go as awesome as I hope because A. Birthday cake w/ the family and B. deep fried turkey for easter dinner. But I won't overdo it.)

Anyhoo, I guess I should just be glad that I'm down 3lbs... 3 down about a million to go.

Today's food
6am........oatmeal w/ raisins.........225 cals
9am........yogurt and cereal..........250 cals
12pm.......sandwich,pretzels,pudding..350 cals
3pm........carrots and hummus.........130 cals
6pm........salad......................220 cals
8pm........pudding....................60 cals
**cals for coffee: 30
grand total: 1155

Exercise
day 10 of 30 day shred
Power 90 and AbRipper
40 minutes on treadmill (running/walking)

total calories burned: 789